Did you ever hear about Seasonal Color Analysis theory? Well, if not, I will try to explain what it is and why is it very important for every women.
I took an Image Consulting Course for almost one year and the most exciting subject I found to be : color analysis. In my opinion, it is almost like magic how certain colors(the right colors for the right season) can change somepone’s appearance dramatically.
What could happen if someone wears the right colors?
- younger looking skin
- some colors can slim you down visually
- glowing skin
- naturally beautiful skin
What the wrong colors can do to your appearance?
- you might appear to look older
- tired look
- add extra pounds to the frame
I studied few color analysis theories, but the fullest and the most defined one I found to be: 12 Season Color Theory.
Color Analysis history
Its all started with German philosopher Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, when he first published Theory of Color Workbook. He deeply analyzed colors and connection between each other for the first time ever. But it was just a beginning, there were no mentioning of connection and reaction between cloth colors and skin tone. Swiss Painter and Teacher at Bauhaus University, Johannes Itten ,was a big influence for development of color analysis science. He divided colors by 4 groups so it would be easier for his students to paint Landscape portraits.Itten had been the first to associate color pallet’s with four types of people, and had designated those types with the names of Seasons.
Color Analysis facts:
- Itten observed that only certain colors would look good with certain skin or hair color on the portraits. He also saw that the best works of his students were made by colors that students picked themselves. They preferred colors that would fit their natural coloring and skin complexion, inner sense of intuition were working for them.
- Based on Itten research, Psychologist Carole Jackson formed Color theory in her famous “Color Me Beautiful” book. In this System, colors are divided into four groups of harmonious colors which are said to match with the four seasons of the year.
- After studying professor Albert Munsell Theory, Doris Pooser in her book “Always in Style” ,developed more defined and refined 12 Seasons System. She was one of the first people to notice that some of her clients were able to use some colors from another season with success. That’s how 12 Season Color Analysis System was born and I am a huge fan of this theory!
Here are some inspirational pictures with gorgeous celebrities that wear right colors for their skin tone.
Continue reading about color analysis theory at the second article: Seasonal Color Analysis. Part 2